Sunday 19 December 2021

UPDATE.

Despite the demands caused by the rapid approach of Christmas I have managed a good amount of modelling time these past couple of weeks. In fact I have completed all the upgrades I have been working on for the last couple of years. My three armies are now complete with each having a strength of 20,020 which together with an Army Group Command battalion gives me 60,302 soldiers with the colours.

I have now started construction of my new fourth army.


This photo shows the screws counted out for the first of the 24 new infantry battalions for that army. These battalions are 407 strong including the two flag bearers which can be seen to the left above. Uniform painting will commence shortly. I have also made a start on vehicle construction.



 
This photo shows a batch of 16 GS wagons and 18 light GS trailers. The vehicle bodies have been made and shafts fitted. The next steps will be fitting wheels and horse mounting blocks to the wagons before moving onto painting.

Regular readers will be aware that Ion of the Archduke Piccolo blog has been fighting a wargames campaign based on my Imagi-Nations articles. The campaign is now reaching its climax and I encourage all to read Ion's exciting battle reports. The latest is due for publication any moment now and will undoubtedly be well worth a look. Once the campaign is complete I will publish the next installment of Imagi-Nations which will give an overview of this campaign and the "historical" implications.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Tony -
    A little bit of a heads-up - I'll be writing up the latest battle (Camp Supply) in three instalments, rather than a single long one. I've begun the draft of the first instalment, which is to say, the pictures for it have been uploaded. The text remains to be written.
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ion. I think writing up in three parts is a good idea, it was sure to have been an epic battle. Can't wait !!!! Regards.

      Delete