Monday 14 June 2021

UPDATE.

 With the advent of summer, so far at least, my modelling activities have been somewhat impacted by other things like gardening etc. However I am making progress on a number of fronts.

I now have 55,288 soldiers with the colours and have completed 18 of the 48 upgrades previously mentioned. The photo below shows the support troops for six Infantry battalions in upgrade number 19 almost complete and just waiting for the final coat of varnish.



The next photo shows the infantry of upgrade number 19 in the same condition.


The next picture shows  upgrade number 20 which covers six command battalions. These only have the first coat of uniform green, the bottom half of the figures will be next for painting.



Finally this is upgrade number 21 for three cavalry regiments. As is clearly to be seen the horses are being painted brown onto the gray primer after which they will be finished.



The other area of progress is that I have designed a new freestanding bookcase. This will replace an existing bookcase, the removal of which will provide the space to build another display unit for my new fourth army. I will be ordering the timber this week. I will log progress on these woodworking projects and publish updates with photos as work proceeds.



2 comments:

  1. I know I'm playing the same tune, over and over, but I reckon you could get some spectacular battles with that little lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know. All I need is a couple of acres of tabletop !!!!!! I have calculated that I could fight a brigade sized battle, eg 4,000 troops, on a table of about 24 square feet although it would still be a little cramped. The problem is that to take full advantage of the sheer numbers I have would need so much space. To fight battalion sized engagements would be more practical but then you would lose the scale of the armies. Its a bit of a no win situation. Regards

    ReplyDelete