Wednesday 16 June 2021

UPDATE.


I have no idea of the origins of this photo which my daughter found on the interweb. However close examination will show it is made up of thousands of red, white and blue plastic soldiers. I can only imagine the time it took to set this up. Very impressive indeed.

Update on the origins of this photo courtesy of my daughter. It was made about 4 years ago by Greg Smith to honour his father, grandfather and great grandfather who all served in the military. There are 10,000 soldiers and it measures 5 foot by 3 foot and it took him a year to build. Very impressive.


4 comments:

  1. I’ve found out more about it. It was an American called Greg Smith who did it about 4 years ago to honour his father, grandfather and great grandfather who were all in the military. It has more than 10,000 soldiers and is 5 foot by 3 foot in size! It took him over a year doing it in his spare time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing this posted some years ago on facebook or somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura. Thanks for this information. It took even longer than I expected, very impressive indeed. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ion....Please see the comment from my daughter with the history of this photo. Regards

    ReplyDelete