Monday 20 July 2020

UPDATE

In this weeks update I have again to report that I have made only limited progress. With lock down easing yet more we have been out and about  quite a lot.
I have now completed the painting of the field police upgrade and only the varnishing remains to be done. I have also just started a mixed upgrade group. This comprises some new soldiers for horse artillery regiments, additional QM sergeants for infantry battalions and new QM men for field artillery battalions. This upgrade represents a number of minor changes to personnel levels in these units.
The batch of new light GS trailers are almost finished with only the wheels needing painting. I plan to start building a batch of limbers shortly. All these vehicles are intended for field artillery battalions and will accompany the observation trailers which will be built soon.
A new milestone was reached this week in that I now have 50,108 soldiers in service with my armies. The authorised strength of the armies is 51,696 so not much further to go before I have to decide what I do next. There may yet be a few more organisational changes to be made but essentially I will have to build a new display unit for another army if my hobby is to continue in it's present form.  The big problem is finding the wall space for another display unit. I currently have no idea where that space is to be found.
Finally, some readers will recall that I mentioned in my book post about Wagons For The Santa Fe Trail that I had seen a photo of a huge wagon train from the Civil War on TV. Well Ion of Archduke Piccolo blog has found that photo for me. Many Thanks Ion, I now have a copy on my email.

No comments:

Post a Comment