Saturday 25 March 2023

UPDATE.

 Two days ago I had my second cataract operation, on my right eye this time.  Once again quite painless and problem free. Already I can see quite well. Interestingly my regular distance glasses are of no earthly use anymore but my very old reading glasses are giving me tolerable distance vision. However, as planned, reading etc is best without glasses at all.  I now have to wait four weeks before I can visit my optician to get tested for new distance glasses. By the time I get them it will have been at least 8 weeks without driving !!!!  To me that is the worst part of having these procedures...I really miss driving a lot.

The good news is that my wife has cast aside her refusal to drive my car..."too big, too fast and too expensive"... and driven my car a few times over the last couple of weeks as she thinks it bad for the car to be left unused for weeks on end, which is quite right of course. Naturally she drives it just fine as I expected, she is a great driver, and in fact has put her foot down hard once or twice and had a smile on her face when she did, again, as I expected !!!!

My other good news is that I became a grandad for the third time yesterday. A second, so far officially unnamed,  grandson, whom I have labelled Freddie alongside his brother Buster and sister Squirt, much to their Mothers irritation !!!!!!!!! Grandads can have such fun...for example feeding the children chocolate and fizzy pop etc before sending them home !!!!!!! Am I bad ??????

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the cataract front! Odd that your distance glasses won't do for you - I have a pair that I set aside as useless nearly 20 years ago, and now discover they are great for distance viewing. Won't do for anything close, like reading or viewing this screen, of course. My usual wear is my pair of progressive lenses glasses.

    Like you, I find reading or looking at this screen best with no glasses, but for painting model soldiers and very small print - anything with very small detail - yep I need them then all right. Once your course of meds are finished, you won't look back!

    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ion...Yes its most odd that I can currently see distance tolerably with old reading glasses. In the future all close work like reading, computer and modelling will be done without glasses as that's what I requested, with glasses only for tv and driving etc. What are progressive lenses...not heard that term before....Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that the second op went well Tony:). For me driving is a nescessary evil, especially with some of the idiots I see in and around Bristol. I'm much more of a cycling man myself, but avoiding busy roads of course.

    Congrats on the 3rd grandchild and the comment re: chocolate and fizzy drink made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve...Thanks...I love driving, always have but sorry to say not a fan of cycling...just too exposed to bad drivers !!!!!!!!....Regards

      Delete