Sunday 18 September 2022

UPDATE.

CAMPAIGN WARGAMES SHOW. 


Following my visit to COLOURS last week I yesterday visited CAMPAIGN at Milton Keynes.

There was quite a difference between the two shows in that CAMPAIGN is in an open square in the middle of the Milton Keynes shopping Centre and was frankly poor in comparison to COlOURS. There were only about 4 or 5 traders although there were a lot of gaming tables. However when I arrived about 1pm not a single game was in progress and many of them had not even set up.

After lunch and some shopping with my wife who came along with me, we returned to the show around 4pm in time to see most of the games either packing up or gone. Overall very disappointing and not worth the 200 mile round trip or the £10 parking charge, that said we did have a very nice lunch.

While I can recommend COLOURS I cannot do the same for CAMPAIGN based on what I saw, or more rightly, did not see !!!!  I think that concludes my visits to wargame shows certainly for this year. Will I go again next year.....I really do not know yet.

On another note, my post about COLOURS last week has had not a single view by any reader, am I wasting my time writing posts, of course not as I do it for my own pleasure and if others like it great, if not, so be it.

6 comments:

  1. Posts are a personal effort, it is a puzzlement what draws views and/or comments. Post if it ma kes you happy. You would be surprised what makes you smile when you review old posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe....Yes it is a puzzle as to what draws attention and comments. I have tried most subjects but I do believe that "battle reports" are the most popular. Sadly I do not fight battles so will never attract that much interest. However I write for my amusement so any comments or views are always a very welcome bonus. Regards.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review of the show Tony. I've always wondered why they would have it in the middle of a shopping centre, which just seems wrong to me. As for comments on your posts, Blogger seems to have been causing issues with post appearing in the feeds section, hence my 'missing' the Colours one. At least I've seen it and added a comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve... Actually I think the venue for Campaign could work, there is lots of space and a huge "captive" audience. However there has to be something to engage people and in my opinion that would be a lot of trade stands. I think many non wargamers would make casual purchases if they could see what was on offer at Colours for example. You are my most prolific commentator and they are always greatly appreciated. Regards.

      Delete
  3. Hi I am a serial reader of blogs, and am sorry I do not devote time to comment.BUT never fear, carry on blogging! Newspapers etc have millions of readers, but very very few write to the editor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James....Thanks for the kind words. Hope you enjoy my blog..Regards.

      Delete