Sunday 11 September 2022

UPDATE.

COLOURS WARGAMES SHOW. 


Yesterday I attended my first ever wargames show at Newbury. 

The round trip was 270 miles almost all of which was on motorway or dual carriageway but amazingly my car delivered 49.1 mpg, I guess having 9 gears helped along with the extraordinary technology in the vehicle but still a great result from a big heavy petrol car with a larger than average engine.

I spent a good couple of hours going around the huge number of trade stands and inspected the wargames closely. My conclusion is that I am not a wargamer.... the games were interesting but not to my taste. I did like the trade stands and spent a lot of time checking out the many books on offer. However I found nothing to buy.

Steve Johnson, in his report on the show, said that it was more like a trade show with some wargames tacked on and I agree with that assessment. Nevertheless I am pleased I went and I am currently planning to visit the CAMPAIGN show in Milton Keynes next week.

On the modelling front, once again I have virtually nothing to report. Since my last update all I have done is complete the arm of service and rank insignia of a cavalry regiment and a heavy artillery battalion, maybe two hours of work at most. The long summer and continuing reasonable weather have left little time for modelling. I am almost looking forward to the nights drawing in with rain and cold so I can get back into painting and building my armies.


2 comments:

  1. Bizarre this as this post did not appear in my Blogger feed Tony, yet the Campaign one did. I know other Bloggers are having this issue. Apologies therefore in only replying now. Good to get your thoughts on the show and what you do or do not like. It's always good to be able to visit shows, if only to confirm our tastes etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve...Blogger is a very strange creature at times for sure !!!! Thanks for always commentating, you always add value. Regards.

    ReplyDelete