Tuesday 2 August 2022

UPDATE.

 Since my last update a few weeks ago I regret to say I have done no modelling whatsoever !!!!! So what have I been up to...well as usual, I really can not say !!!! Going out on day trips, shopping, gardening and other essential chores have occupied most of my time. I guess it is just that time of year.

However I do have one thing to report. Readers may recall my purchase of a couple of new air guns last year. These have been great fun and have been used in the garden as they are only about 60% of the maximum power allowed in this country. That said I have often wished for a full power rifle.  Such a gun is not safe in the garden and the nearest ranges, over 25 miles in opposite directions, are expensive and one is only open at weekends.

However recently a new small range opened only 10 minutes from home and it is very inexpensive. So early last week I visited said range and found it to be perfect for me. In addition, being only small, I could book the whole thing for a couple of hours for only £5. Here was something to think seriously about !!!!

Perhaps not surprisingly by the end of last week I was the proud owner of a brand new air gun !!!! 


The gun is an AIR ARMS (British made) S510TR Tactical with an ELEMENT scope. My existing guns are all traditional wood stock etc so the tactical look appealed as something different. The gun is as powerful as is allowed under British gun laws and is a PCP powered 10 shot repeater.

Yesterday I took it to the range for the first time. The gunshop who sold it to me fitted the scope and zeroed it in at 10 meters on their inhouse range. On my range I started shooting at 30 meters and after only a few minor tweeks of the scope, found myself shooting very tight groups  to 40 meters. The gun is superb quality. The scope is good too but a bit unforgiving in respect of you have to look very squarely down the sight to get an clear view. However after an hour or so I got the hang of it. I had a great couple of hours and fired over 100 pellets.


The shooting shed, plenty of space for up to four shooters but each booking is exclusive which suits me. At least I know I will not get shot in the rear when I go mess with the targets !!!!


There are actually a wide variety of targets down range but most cannot been seen in this photo. I was shooting at those furthest away, around 40 meters.

I am sure many will not see the appeal of this or any gun but it amuses me and I am in the fortunate position of being able to indulge myself to some extent. In fact I have already booked the range again for Wednesday afternoon!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Well that is a lot more sophisticated compared to the air guns we used as kids. I think my brother still has his .22 somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve...I also still have my childhood .22 and yes for sure airguns have come a long way in recent years. Regards.

    ReplyDelete