Saturday 13 March 2021

UPDATE.

I have just completed and issued the final batch of GS wagons to my three armies. Although there remain a large number of soldier upgrades to finish this means the equipment of the armies is complete. This event caused me to do some quick calculations which I will now share with readers as they may be of interest.

My armies now have about 1,320 GS wagons in total. At a length of 65mm each, including horses, placed end to end, they would stretch a distance of 86 metres or 288 feet in old money.

 In addition my armies now have 279 ammunition wagons, 738 limbers, and 480 other wagons including 96 ambulances and 72 forge wagons. There are also 630 heavy trailers and 1,930 light trailers of various sorts including over 200 field kitchens and over 200 water trailers. Lastly there are 590 guns of all types. 

At the present moment i have a total of just under 53,000 soldiers. The authorised strength of the three armies is a little under 60,000.  In a post some time ago I mentioned that I had calculated that including soldiers marching three abreast and with vehicles in single file, the whole army on the march would stretch some one and a half kilometres.

By the end of this year, once I have built the new display unit, I will commence construction of the fourth army which will lead to a new target strength of a little over 80,000 with vehicle numbers increasing in proportion.

2 comments:

  1. Well you are certainly not "screwing" around here. Those are impressive numbers. Of course you'll be wanting to assemble this amazing force and post pictures. Umm-hmmm. How many stadiums will you need?

    I've been looking at your Imagi-nations discussion. Very ... imaginative. It is good reading.

    P.S. I added the "followers" gadget as you suggested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dale. Yes the numbers are a bit daunting in respect of ever showing the army in some form of combat scenario. Also just imagine the time it would take to set up. I did a two battalion photo shoot a few months ago that took hours to set up. Glad you like the imagi-nations stuff. I will visit your blog later today. Regards Tony

    ReplyDelete