Sunday 8 November 2020

UPDATE.

 I am pleased to report that this past week I have managed a reasonable amount of modelling time now the work in the house has been completed. I have a couple of small jobs left that I will do this coming week.

On the modelling front I have today completed the final infantry battalion. The batch of ammunition wagons is almost finished and the final cavalry upgrade is close to being done too. In fact I only have about 800 soldiers left to paint and about 60 wagons and trailers to build before the last of my three armies is finished. The site for another display unit for a fourth army has been identified and once I have my wife's agreement I can start construction in the workshop. It will also require me to build a new bookcase  to replace an existing unit to make the space needed but nothing I can't do over the next few months.

Today has been very quiet in the house as my wife is on a sponsored 11 hour silence for the Poppy Appeal. As I write she has done over 5 hours since starting at 11am. Normally she is a Poppy seller  but as collecting has been cancelled by the virus she decided to try to raise some money by being silent for 11 hours. Now many of you will think how good is that !!!!!!! but of course like most things it has a downside too. I have also ended up being silent all day !!!!!!! I of course could talk to her but I have been afraid to in case she forgets and answers !!!!!!!

Anyway its been an interesting day. Just in case anyone thinks this is a worthwhile cause and wants to support us please go to Just Giving and look for Tina Adams, poppy appeal silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment