Sunday 16 August 2020

UPDATE

It has been a  reasonable week for modelling with some progress. The batch of light GS trailers has been completed and now await issue to units. I have just started a batch of 24 limbers, the bodies and shafts are made. Next steps will be wheels, towing hooks and horse attachment blocks. I have given the new infantry battalion their full coat of uniform green. Next will be the addition of arm of service and rank markings. I have also made a start on the final cavalry upgrade. The 66 soldiers have had the slot cut to fit on to the horses and the horses have been cut out. I now need to add legs to the horses and install the soldiers.

The Quartermaster battalion battle photo shoot is drafted. Probably my favorite so far. I will publish this later in the week. While I think about it, I assume readers know that if they click on any of the photos in my blog they will expand to fill the screen so the full details can be seen. Apologies if you know this already, but its not that long since I learned of this trick !!!!!!!! Yes I am that digital dinosaur !!!!!!!!!!

As we now have a date in early September for our kitchen and bathroom refurbishment I have to restart the preparation work this coming week. As this means lots of tile removal and painting, I do not foresee a great deal of modelling time for the next few weeks but will endeavor to keep up with the blog posts at the very least, I have several already drafted.

No comments:

Post a Comment