Tuesday 14 April 2020

BOOK REVIEW : THE SHORT VICTORIOUS WAR.





As mentioned in a previous post our laptop has expired so I used the iPad to write that last general update post. I now find the iPad will not allow me to add photos to a new post. This post is therefore written on our Amazon Fire. However typing on this device is not easy and I cannot see much of what I have written. A new laptop has been ordered and is supposed to arrive later this week thank goodness. Please excuse any errors as I try to write this book review which will be the last post until the new machine arrives.

This book, published in 1974, is one I have had for many years and recounts the Russian Japanese war of 1904/5. It gives a good general account but with an emphasis on the background with only brief details of the various battles. In fact it is very much in the style of my IMAGI NATIONS posts.  It clearly demonstrates that  the Japanese were lucky that Russia was such a disorganised and chaotic country at that time otherwise there is little doubt they would have lost against the huge resources of their enemy. Overall this is an excellent book, easy to read and if more detail is needed there are plenty of other books that give much more information on the actual campaign.
So with that limited review I shall close this post as eye strain is setting in rapidly !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment