Sunday 16 September 2018

With regard to the current soldier painting schedule, I have just completed yet another infantry battalion. This was already underway before I completed the artillery battalions mentioned previously. I usually have two units on the go at any one time.


This photo shows the infantrymen themselves, 216 strong.


This photo shows the officers, NCOs, medical, quartermaster, signals and staff support soldiers, some 104 strong giving a total battalion strength of 320. With this battalion, which has already been placed on a display shelf, I now have 52 infantry battalions in total.

I have started the next unit as well. This is a heavy weapons battalion. By heavy weapons I mean carriage mounted machine guns of which they will have 8 such weapons.


So far the soldiers have been painted in uniform green and the flags are primed. I will cover the making of flags in a later blog. Although the platoons are the same size as in infantry battalions, there are only two platoons in each company rather than  three as in each infantry company and only four companies rather than the six in an infantry battalion hence the heavy weapons battalion strength is only 198.  I intend to do some blogs on the organisation of the army in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment