Sunday 23 September 2018

In my last post I mentioned painting a heavy weapons battalion. This is now completed and the soldiers have been laid out on the display shelf as shown below.



As can be seen the battalion is not yet fully equipped. The four utility trailers ( medical, signals, kitchen and water ) are present together with the 8 limbers. Still awaited are  four GS wagons, four ammunition wagons, 8 caissons and of course the 8 heavy machine guns themselves. Construction of these guns will be fully covered in a future post. This is the 11th of 12 such battalions.
In addition I am also working on another cavalry regiment. I am photographing the various painting stages so that I can post the whole sequence in one go so as to compliment the previous post on the construction of cavalry.  On the same basis I am also building a batch of GS wagons and will post both the construction and painting processes all in one post. I hope these two posts will be published over the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment