Sunday 16 September 2018

 DRAWING PINS/WHEELS.                                                                                                                            

I use the same drawing pins for all wheels. They are purchased in Poundland in boxes of 400. Good value for money !!!!! As all my vehicles are 15mm in width and the pins are 9mm long you will realise that when gluing them on either side of a vehicle the actual points overlap. That is a problem as the shaft/pole is glued down the centre of the vehicle body. Therefore to avoid any unevenness caused by overlapping I cut the end off each pin.                                                                                                                                           


This is clearly shown in the above photo. It is a very dull task to snip the ends off  pins every time I build a batch of vehicles so I tend to do a complete box of 400 at a time so that I have a stockpile. Its still dull but at least I can choose when to inflict this miserable task on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment