Tuesday 17 July 2018

On a previous blog I showed the components for a batch of 32 field artillery pieces awaiting assembly. That assembly has now been completed and as per my normal practice all plastic and metal parts have been primed.

I also showed part of a batch of 35 GS wagons in the same status . These have now been painted in the standard olive drab of my army. The remaining work is to fit the "horse harness" and paint the wheels, including the   spare mounted at the back, matt black. The "horse harness" is a piece of twisted wire connected to the wagon body and going around the horses. I found a long time ago that just having horses stuck to the wagon pole looked unsatisfactory. The twisted wire not only gives a better look in my opinion, but also acts as added protection for the glue holding the horses on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment