Tuesday 17 July 2018

I thought there may be some interest in both my working arrangements and the display facilities I have for the army. I am not just a modeler but also a keen amateur woodworker. Therefore when the army exited the loft, as described in the introduction, I designed and built a work station with a display unit above.This photo shows the working area and the display unit can be seen above.


The display unit comprises 75 sliding shelves each of 150mm by 300mm mounted in 5 columns of 15 with sliding perspex doors for each column.


This photo shows my second display unit which has 80 shelves but,  like the first, is quite full up.


This is my third unit also of 80 shelves. As can be seen this is less than half full and is the unit I am working to fill at the present time. Each unit holds a full army of c15,000 troops. As I have now used all the vacant wall space to house these three units I currently have no idea what to do when this unit is full in a couple of years. I have a number of changes in the pipeline which when implemented will provide a lot of work but one day I guess I will run out of work unless I can think of a solution in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment