Sunday 21 May 2023


Dear readers, 

We, Tina (Tony's wife), Laura and Laraine (Tony's daughters) are heartbroken to tell you our beloved Tony passed away peacefully on Friday 12th May. 

The three of us have taken huge pleasure in seeing Tony's enjoyment in sharing what we all thought was a very niche hobby, and finding a community of people who appreciated and shared his passion for the military and military history. 

Tony was new to the blogging world when he set this page up in 2018 and it was a huge learning experience for him. We all loved his excitement when he began receiving comments on his posts, and we thank you for welcoming him into your community and taking the time to read, share and comment with your thoughts on his posts.  We know how much he enjoyed debating various points of view with some of you! 

We are immensely proud of Tony's writing talent, his passion for books, the sheer creativity of his Imagi-Nations series and of course the skill and many many hours he dedicated to building his army. 

We intend to leave this blog here for you to enjoy and we hope it continues to inspire you.  We believe it is a legacy to Tony's passion, talent and creativity. 

Thank you to those who took the time to share your best wishes for Tony; Steve J, Kevin Robertson, Ian Drury and Mark, Man of Tin. Your kind words were appreciated. 

Tina, Laura and Laraine. 

5 comments:

  1. Tony was a good example of how to share his thoughts and ideas on the hobby, as well as life. Sorry for your loss sounds commonplace but is heartfelt. Sincerely, Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you all at this difficult time. I enjoyed Tony's postings on obscure (to me) subjects, his diverse interests and the pleasure he gained from joining the Blogging community. Everytime I see an old fashioned woodscrew, I cannot but help think of his wonderful armies, so for me his memory will certainly live on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, Laura and Laraine -
    I am sorry for your loss - all the more for having missed your earlier posting that Tony had fallen ill. His blog spot was always interesting to read, his book reviews especially informative, and I admired his concept and his dedication to his hobby. I will always be glad that he accepted my proposal to adapt his concept to fight out a war games tabletop campaign. Let that be my memorial to him.
    All my best wishes,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, Laura and Laraine,
    I am so sorry to hear of Tony’s sudden passing.
    My thoughts, along with those many of his small and select band of readers, are with you at this difficult time.
    I have written a short post reflecting on our interesting blog chats, emails (and the gift of some of his surplus early 1960s Airfix figures) over the last few years.
    Best wishes to you all - Mark Man Of TIN Blog.
    https://manoftinblogtwo.wordpress.com/2023/05/25/rip-tony-adams-of-the-miniature-woodscrew-army/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of your sad loss my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete