Thursday 29 September 2022

UPDATE.

 A MOST WELCOME GIFT.


Knowing of my interest in horse drawn logistics,  Mark at Man of Tin blog recently contacted me to offer me a book about British Army horses that was now surplus to his requirements. I gratefully accepted and the book arrived today.

WOW....the book is an original official War Office publication from 1933. I had expected a reprint perhaps rather than such a valuable original. Just a brief thumb though reveals a wealth of information on the British Army's horse management policies and practices that will be so useful to me.

I cannot express my thanks enough to Mark for his generosity and this most welcome addition to my library. Naturally I will publish a full review of the book once I have fully digested it.

Thanks Mark !!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Steve....Yes a very nice gesture indeed. This community of ours is full of real nice people even though most of us have never even met face to face. Makes the heart glow. Regards.

      Delete
  2. Hi Steve....Where has your blog gone ????? It seems to have disappeared from the either. Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tony,
    sorry but what I thought would be a simple change of name to the Blog proved anything but. Most people have had problems like yourself, so apologies for that. Anyway, the 'new' Blog address is below and you might have to re-Follow again to get updates etc.

    https://wargameswithtoysoldier1685-1985.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you at last...that's a relief...I thought it was me. I have re-followed ...just in case...can't have too much of a good thing after all !!!!! Regards.

    ReplyDelete