Sunday 12 June 2022

UPDATE.

 There has been great excitement in my little world over the past few days !!!!  

Back at the beginning of February I reported that I had been engaged in the process of buying a new car with delivery expected at the beginning of May. Well that timescale came and went, repeatedly !!!! However , at long last, after  20 weeks, almost 5 months, I at last took delivery of my new car yesterday !!!!! and I am very pleased with it.

However the major problem over the past months has been the total lack of reliable information from either the dealer or the manufacturer's customer services. In fact I learned more about what was happening from online forums. Eventually  last Tuesday the manufacturer's customer services told me the car had been delivered to the dealer the day before. When I called the dealer they didn't even know the car had arrived !!!! 

The lesson is not to buy a new car via a factory order at this time. Only buy what dealers have in stock...unless you have the patience of a saint...which I don't !!!!

Anyway, I have it now. The level of technology in the car is almost scary....it will take me  months to figure it all out but that seems to be the norm nowadays. That said it drives like a dream and looks stunning which are the most important things of course.

On the modelling front I have not been very active recently, too many social activities and of course gardening chores. I have managed to complete a batch of 40 house bodied headquarters wagons as shown below, note the rolled up awnings on the roofs,  together with yet another infantry battalion. The next construction task is a regiment of cavalry which I have just started.








4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new car & getting the wagons done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed we won't need to think about a new year for quite some time yet. Lovely to see those HQ wagons which do look very good:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve....Yes the last one lasted 5 years although I would have changed after 4 years had it not been for Covid. Very pleased you like the wagons. They did look good especially with so many. I always get a kick out of the sheer size of my armies, but then I am weird !!!! Regards

    ReplyDelete