Thursday 13 January 2022

UPDATE.

 A belated Happy New Year to all. 

The past couple of weeks seem to have been busy with domestic things so I have not enjoyed a great deal of modelling time. However the first battalion of infantry for my new fourth army has been completed.

No vehicles or equipment yet, these will follow over time, just 407 soldiers. I also managed to complete a small batch of GS wagons and light GS trailers for existing Heavy Artillery battalions as an upgrade and these have been issued. I am now working on a larger batch of 36 GS wagons for general issue to the new army.

These can be seen on the workstation above. The bodies have been made and the next step will be fitting the shafts which can be seen on the right next to the tube of glue. After that, wheels, towing hooks and horse mounting blocks will be fitted. Also to be seen are my production lists. The pink sheets list vehicles and equipment to be made and the white sheets detail the "soldier" needs for each type of battalion.

The above photo is the first I have taken with my new smartphone which is supposed to have a superior camera to my wife's phone which I have used till now. My old phone was "clockwork" being at least 15 years old and camera-less !!!! I finally decided to upgrade. However my stubby old fingers are finding it harder to accurately tap the keyboard screen rather than the buttons on the old phone. The new phone seems to do everything imaginable including the washing up but I expect it will take me years to fully understand the thing....progress ????

Regular readers will be aware that Archduke Piccolo is coming close to the final battle of his wargame campaign based on my Imagi-Nations. If you have not read his blog posts you are missing out seriously. I  commend his blog to everyone. 

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, me and smartphones really don't get along. However I now need to get one for various reasons to do with being a full time carer. The learning curve will be rather steep, with exasperated looks from my family and seemingly simple questions, well to them at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve....I feel your pain !!!!! It is hard to get a grip on smartphones. That is why I resisted for so long. My wife has no problem with hers but I have had enough trouble getting a grip on the laptop. That said I have been pleasantly surprised with the smartphone. I have an OPPO, they recommended it as the easiest to use for an "old" guy !!!!! I have in fact only had to seek help for one issue ...so far...apart from asking what the big button on the side was for....lots of laughs when I was told it was the volume !!!!!! Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the smartphone age - they are useful as a digital camera.
    *
    What a very well organised modelling desk - mine is productive but not quite this organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark...To be honest it was for the camera that I actually bought the new phone. It is just so much easier to move the pictures to the blog than from my camera. Thanks for the kind words about the workspace. I do not have much space so need to make the most of it. I often use the window cill as overflow but that attracts adverse comment from my wife which is always best avoided...Regards.

      Delete