Saturday 30 October 2021

UPDATE.

 The past couple of weeks have been very exciting for me because Ion Dowman of the Archduke Piccolo blog decided to wargame a scenario from my Imagi-Nations series. After considerable correspondence we agreed an approach and he has now fought two battles from the campaign outlined in Part 44 of my posts. The battle reports are on Ion's blog and readers are recommended to have a look at these exciting and well written reports. 

Apart from narrating the history of the Union in my articles, I have consistently tried to provide wargaming scenarios ranging from Cavalry actions to infantry skirmishes as well as major battles and campaigns. To see someone actually using these scenarios is very pleasing to me.

Apart from the fun of seeing my ideas actually played out I have received some additional visitors to my blog. So welcome to my new followers, I sincerely hope you continue to enjoy my efforts. In that regard this post is the 300th since I started the blog in June 2018.

On the modelling front I have at last completed the final mounted upgrade.

This upgrade provided corporals for Horse Artillery Regiments and the mounted squadrons of the Field Police battalions. I now have a total of 2,226 mounted soldiers. Of course most are in the 18 Cavalry Regiments but Horse Artillery Regiments and Field Police battalions account for 264 of the total.

 As a reminder of what one of my Cavalry Regiments looks like, below is a photo of the 9th. Based on my Imagi-Nations articles this is from a scene during the fighting in Ukraine when Union Cavalry were raiding the Russian lines of communications. To protect the railways, the Russians had built a series of blockhouses. In this particular case Union Horse Artillery have taken a block house under fire and 9th Cavalry stands ready to ride down any escaping Russians. Once the Russian position has been destroyed, the Union Cavalry Brigade can ride on to attack the railway.

If anyone else wishes to utilise my Imagi-Nations articles for a wargame please let me know, I will do all I can to assist.


No comments:

Post a Comment