Thursday 16 September 2021

UPDATE.

 Due to the amount of time I am spending on my woodworking project I have had little time for modelling this past couple of weeks. Since my last update on 22 August I have only completed 3 more upgrades adding some 447 soldiers to the colours and much of the work was of course done before that update was published.

Work currently in hand includes the final upgrade of mounted troops. These are corporals for the six Horse Artillery Regiments and the mounted squadrons of the three Field Police battalions. The horses are complete and now await the soldiers. 


As can be seen the soldiers have had their slots deepened to allow mounting on the horse after which painting can commence. 


Also in hand is the upgrade to increase the size of gun crews in Heavy Artillery battalions. These are finished apart from the final coat of varnish. The orange heads denote the Heavy Artillery arm of service colour.




4 comments:

  1. That is one huge advantage of woodscrew as soldiery: you can build massive armies! I don't think all my Napoleonic artillerymen altogether would come close to 185 figures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see some progress on this and I'm really looking forward to seeing the cavalry mounted and painted up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ion...Yes the numbers can be quite impressive. There are actually 192 soldiers, I missed a few in the photo. That represents just two soldiers for each heavy artillery piece in the armies. Also of course the painting is nothing like as complex or time consuming as with conventional figures. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve... Glad you like my cavalry. If you want to see the full construction process look under cavalry in the labels. There is a post from some time ago giving full details. Regards.

    ReplyDelete