Saturday 31 July 2021

UPDATE.

 I am pleased to report that I have managed a reasonable amount of modelling time over the past few weeks. This is surprising given the time I have spent on building my new bookcase,  (the second part of the construction report will be published in a few days, )  and other chores and social activities. I really have no idea why some weeks are more productive than others.

I have managed to complete update numbers 25 and 26 which have brought my armies to a strength of 56,622. In addition I have added yet another upgrade to the list. Upgrade number 49 covers the increasing of heavy artillery gun crews from 6 to 8.  I decided that heavy guns needed more crew than field artillery and my references agreed with that view.

I must also report that the number of visitors to my blog has now gone over 10,000 and I have a new follower bringing the total to 7.  I know that's not much compared with many of the wargaming/modelling blogs out there but given that mine is about using woodscrews to make model soldiers I am very pleased indeed and grateful to all those who read my stuff.

Finally I must bring readers attention to an amazing YouTube video I recently watched. Some of you may well have seen it already but I strongly recommend it. The video is about the Battle Of Isandlwana but is filmed using plastic model soldiers.  It took the best part of two years to make apparently and I think is really brilliant.


I especially commend this film to Mark at Man of Tin blog, I think it is right up your street Mark. Hope you all enjoy as, not being a child of the digital age, it took me a long time to create this link !!!!!


2 comments:

  1. That video must have taken them hours upon hours to film! Very clever indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura....Yes and over a period of two years, very impressive.

    ReplyDelete