Tuesday 13 July 2021

UPDATE.

 I was repeatedly told that when I retired early, at only 50, I would struggle to keep myself occupied. Well that has proven to be very wide of the truth. In fact I have always been very busy. I have no idea how I ever found time to go to work especially in the summer. The past couple of weeks has once again proven this to be the case. 

I have now finished the installation etc of the new window cill. It looks great and the joints have disappeared under the paint. However I have now been informed that there is a lot of work to be done in the garden especially now that the wet weather seems to be passing, ( we hope anyway !!!) In addition I have a number of other jobs to do including repainting the other window cills, all of which must be done before I can get on with building the new bookcase. 

When I start on a construction project like building a new piece of furniture etc I like to have a clear run without having to think about other jobs still outstanding. This means the construction of the new bookcase will not start till this coming weekend at best. In addition our social life seems to be picking up again as the country reopens. I am not sure this is a good thing with the virus still rampant but as we are double jabbed and will still wear masks in all crowded settings and be careful generally I guess we should go with the flow.

This means a bit of shopping today with a nice lunch out so another day lost to work , what a shame !!!! I find that the only thing I can settle to when I have an odd couple of hours or less is a bit of modelling and in fact it has only been a few odd hours here and there that I have been able to devote to modelling these past couple of weeks. With this in mind I have completed upgrades 22, 23, and 24 which have added another 360 soldiers to the colours. I am now half way through the planned upgrades.

Speaking of colours reminds me to report on my visit to a new model shop that has opened in our county town market hall. It is now the only outlet within 35 miles that sells Humbrol paints. I bought a number of tins and had a chat with the owner. I am pleased he has been able to open the shop only a month or so ago when model shops seem to be disappearing everywhere. He is now the only such shop I know of between Wolverhampton and Chester. Although a very small shop he is well stocked and says he can get anything within a couple of days. I will put that to the test !!!

Well guess I need to get ready to go to lunch, its a hard life !!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Tough life indeed! Hope you enjoyed your lunch :) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes your Dad has a hard life !!!! Went to Wildwood, my first visit. Had a very nice lunch thank you. XX

    ReplyDelete