Thursday 13 May 2021

UPDATE.

Back in March I published an update about my then recent purchase of a new air rifle in the form of a replica Winchester 73. The last line of that update questioned whether I also needed a new air pistol in the form of the legendary Colt 45 to complete the set. 

YES I DID  !!!!!!!


After much consideration I decided my regression to boyhood would not be complete without a "cowboy" pistol to go with my new rifle.  So, having raided the piggy bank again, off I went to my gunshop of choice to look at the various versions available. The new gun is a perfect replica of the famous Peacemaker. I chose the "blued" version. Again it is powered by a Co2 gas capsule fitted in the grip.



The "shells" are loaded in the same way as the original but each is charged with a .177 pellet. Cocking the hammer prepares a charge of gas and rotates the cylinder and once the six "shells" are fired they can be reloaded with pellets.



Once again the gun is a joy to fire. Obviously neither as powerful or accurate as the rifle it is nevertheless great fun and very addictive. Once again there are plenty of videos on YouTube if you want to see the gun in action.

Now, do I need a quick-draw holster rig ???????????



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your entering a sort of addiction - some sort of compulsion, anyhow. I've never owned a gun, though I learned how to fire rifles during the last year of high school 'cadets' in this country, and joined a small-bore rifle club for a while. But were I to purchase a gun - a replica, say - I reckon I'd go for one of the 1873 Winchester rifles - probably the 24-inch barrel. It's just such a fine-looking firearm.

    I like that Colt Peacemaker, by the way. I think, though, of the Colt range I'd probably choose the 1851 Navy - for the epitome of handgun cool. Or, just as good: the LeMat revolver. Yeah, I know; choosing form over functionality, but I don't really 'do' firearms. My son-in-law, though - quite another story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ion....I have always had a thing about guns. Having spent some time with my Aunt and Uncle in Colorado in my late teens I got to shoot quite a range of guns. I have always liked the Winchester and Colt so my choices were easy. Not so easy to explain why I have decided now to indulge in these purchases, may just be because I can !!!!! I too very much like the Colt Navy, but sadly not yet available in a replica air pistol version. Not familiar with the LeMat, will look that up right away. Regards Tony

    ReplyDelete