Thursday 29 April 2021

UPDATE.

With the easing of lockdown our social activities have increased somewhat over the past week or two. In addition the consistently warm dry weather has provoked some toil in the garden. Nevertheless I have been able to continue modelling. I have now completed 12 of 46 upgrades and  have a total of 54,056 soldiers with the colours. 

I have recently identified an opportunity to increase the number of foot soldiers in both Cavalry and Horse Artillery regiments. Until now I have worked on the basis that foot soldiers in these regiments are transported on the various vehicles on a ratio of two soldiers on each vehicle. Following some photographic research I have concluded that while each limber can only carry two men, the larger light GS trailers and ammunition caissons could carry four. I have not yet worked out how many additional troops this will involve but I already know that the Horse Artillery gun teams are a little small as are the medical and signals units. 

It has been a while since I published an installment of my Imagi-Nations saga. I am working on the next episode and hope to post that early next week for those interested.

I apologise to those who find my recent book reviews to be uninteresting as they are non military. I just wanted a change of reading material. There will be a couple more "hunting" book reviews after which I guess I will return to more familiar territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment