Sunday 11 April 2021

UPDATE.

Work continues on the 46 upgrades with 9  completed and 53,600 soldiers now with the Colours. Some readers may have noticed that I have not posted any recent Imagi-Nations articles. Although I have about six more chapters roughed out in my head I still have a number of battles to war game before I can set pen to paper. In addition I note that not too many people are following these articles any more. Maybe they have got a bit predictable. Anyway I have not been motivated to write much recently so will not be in any rush to publish more for the time being. In the meantime I will still publish book reviews as book reading never stops for me !!!!! Over the coming weeks I have also got to restart a number of domestic projects which will take more of my time all of which means that I may not publish as much over the coming weeks as I have been doing over the past months. As ever please let me have comments as they very much inform the contents of my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tony -
    I can see how one's motivation can flag a little - for any number of reasons. Mind you, not having a machine until now since last Wednesday has brought me to do a heck of a lot of organising of my Army Men project. I didn't realise I had so many Army Men figures - nothing like your vast multitudes, of course, but enough to create storage problems!
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ion. I assume you mean no computer, if so I do sympathise. We had internet connection issues a couple of years ago that caused havoc. It is amazing how we have come to rely on technology. I think with such a long series of lockdowns here that I have overdone blogging as a means of finding a useful way to spend the time. As we emerge back to normality other things like jobs around the house and going out have a whole new appeal !!!!! I have no doubt I shall regain my interest soon enough. In the meantime I hope you find solutions to your storage problems although I suspect it is a rather nice issue to have in reality !!!!!. Regards Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tony - I know I have been quiet, but I read every one of your posts - espacially the Imaginations ones. Unfortunately I normally use my i-Pad and for sonme reason Blogger now seems to 'ditch' abny comemnts I add from that (I have the same problem with every comment I have tried to post on Bob Cordery's blog) - so I only get the chance to comemnt when I use my work laptop, as I am this evening. Anyway, my key (selfish!) message is plaese keep posting! I haven't forgotten that I need to get back to my own 'Imaginations' world - but I really need sdome software that I can download some 'real world' continental maps and the manipulate them....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ian. Very pleased to hear from you. Also very pleased that you are still interested in the blog and the imagi-nations articles. I will keep posting my ramblings even if only for you !!!! I need to draft up the next chapters and you message has given me just the boost I needed. I understand the i pad thing. Our i pad also will not permit comments on other blogs. That's why I bought this laptop. It is also a lot easier to use to post articles to the blog. I tried to access maps and tools to manipulate them but gave up and had my map professionally drafted. It was not that expensive and I can still update it for a small fee.How are you doing with the German horse drawn wagons ??? I would love to see any photos if you have completed any of the models you planned. Regards Tony

    ReplyDelete