Friday 29 January 2021

UPDATE.

Since my last update I am still struggling to find much modelling time. Despite lockdown we seem to remain busy with daily walks and afternoons spent watching the TV or falling asleep !!!!!!! That said I have managed to complete the last of the original upgrade batches of 192 Pioneers. This now brings my three armies up to their authorised strength of 51,696. The final batch of GS wagons has been constructed and now await painting. 

I have completed drafting the painting schedules for the new upgrades previously mentioned. There are 46  batches of new soldiers bringing the three armies to a revised strength of 59,816. With the eventual addition of a fourth army and some new units for the first three armies, made possible by construction of a new display unit, the total strength of the army will rise to something over 80,000. The final number will depend on how many shelves I can build into the new unit. 

On that front, my wife has agreed the location for the new unit but has requested a different approach to the new bookcase I have to build. As mentioned before, the new unit will occupy space currently used by a bookcase. With the number of books we both have, it is impossible to lose a bookcase so I had planned to build a new one in another bedroom. That idea has been rejected.  Instead she has asked for a freestanding unit, perhaps incorporating a seat, in the spare room. I now need to get my woodworking hat on to design a suitable structure.

When I eventually get round to the construction  stage I will photograph progress and publish updates on the blog. Not really modelling but they may be of interest to readers. Any views on that idea would be very welcome.


2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering how you accommodate your armies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ion. If you look under the label "Display/Working Arrangements" you will find a post from 2018 with photos of both my modelling work unit and my display units. Regards Tony

    ReplyDelete