Sunday 17 May 2020

UPDATE.

Unlike last week I have managed to get a good amount of modelling done this week. I managed to get my wife to agree to me having time off from decorating although I fully expect to be back at it or something similar next week.

Anyway this week I managed to complete the first Pioneer upgrade and start another Infantry battalion upgrade as well as finishing the batch of heavy weapons.

All my armies are now fully equipped with these weapons. I now have to decide if I replace the 64 scratch built guns  currently in service . I have plenty of 3D models to do this if I choose. I will think about this over the coming weeks. Also finished is the Cavalry upgrade.  This photo shows them with just the horses to be painted.



Finally this week I have completed the upgrade to heavy and light GS trailers and ammunition wagons.  The photo below shows the final batch just awaiting the new spare wheels to be painted black.


The final numbers upgraded are 286 light GS trailers, 157 Ammunition wagons and 382 heavy GS trailers. Except for the heavy GS trailers these numbers do not fully represent the total quantity of each vehicle in service as the upgrades were decided at different times. For example the light GS trailer upgrade was implemented just before finishing my second army so all the vehicles in the third army were to the new design. The new ammunition wagon design started about half way through the building of the third army whereas the heavy GS trailer upgrade was decided only after I had completed third army. Anyway it has taken quite a long time to complete.

The book review this week will be delayed a few days just because I have yet to finish reading the book in question.

Finally readers may be interested to know that as of today my armies have a total of 48,998 soldiers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment