Saturday 23 May 2020

UPDATE.


This week I have again been able to avoid the dreaded decorating. Apart from some gardening chores  and a little sunbathing !!!!!!  I have managed a reasonable amount of modelling time, perhaps not as much as I would like but better than I expected.

I have made good progress with painting the latest Infantry battalion and have also built a batch of 36 limbers. These I have just started painting today. I have also just begun painting a batch of heavy weapons companies, 6 in number, comprising 228 figures, to upgrade more of my existing Infantry battalions.

Following earlier reviews of the establishments of Field Police and Pioneer battalions, I have now completed reviews of Horse Artillery regiments and Field Artillery battalions. These latter reviews have been prompted by me finally getting round to  equipping artillery formations with observation trailers. The origin of these vehicles and construction details were posted some time ago and can be found under the label of Artillery.



I have always been pleased with myself ( ego !!!! ) on the construction of these vehicles so please look at that post if you have not already. I might mention here, more ego, that the  renowned John Tunstill  (Miniature Warfare, Tradition etc. ) sent me a very complimentary email on that particular post. The photo below shows the historic reference, a German WW1 vehicle.





The actual organisational changes I have made are that each artillery formation has been given an additional limber, light GS trailer and an observation trailer. Each limber comes with two QM men as drivers. Additionally, in order to improve the structure, each Horse Artillery regiment has also been with provided two extra Medics, two extra Signalers and one extra mounted QM Lieutenant. 

 I decided the Heavy Artillery battalions would not need an observation trailer given their long range usage. That said If you have a different view please do let me know. Overall these changes will add an extra 114 soldiers to the army group. 

It also crossed my mind that Heavy Weapons battalions could have the observation trailer, I cannot decide, any opinions out there ????????

The next book review and installment of my IMAGI-NATIONS saga will follow in the coming few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment