Sunday 3 May 2020

UPDATE.

Once again this week seems to have had an extra day, so despite  doing yet more decorating (will it ever be finished ????? )  I have still managed to get a fair amount of modelling time.

This past week I have almost completed yet another Infantry battalion and have just started work on the first of three upgrades for Pioneer battalions. This was mentioned last week and involves adding an extra company to each Pioneer battalion. Each batch covers four new companies. In addition I have made a good start on construction of a batch of 36 heavy weapons (machine guns) for my Infantry battalions following the reorganisation of Heavy Weapons battalions and the provision of heavy weapons companies for each Infantry battalion. These guns are made using 3D printed platforms I commissioned some time ago, see the relevant article in the blog archive. I still think they were a great investment. Construction work on the penultimate upgrade of Cavalry has been complete and painting is well underway. As usual work still continues on upgrading of light and heavy GS trailers and ammunition wagons.

Following my review of Field Police and Pioneer battalions last week I have now reviewed the establishment of Infantry battalions. I find that the Quartermaster platoon is understaffed by one sergeant so have added to my "to do" list the painting of 72 QM sergeants, one for each Infantry battalion. I do this sort of review from time to time, it is easy to overlook a fault in establishments when dealing with an army of well over two hundred battalions and just over 50,000 soldiers. It also amuses me to examine the tables of organisation and equipment and seek opportunities to refine and improve them.

The next installment of my IMAGI-NATIONS saga will be published in a few days. I seem to get an upsurge of viewers to the blog each time an installment is posted. I hope that means they are of interest, if so do please let me know !!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your recent handiwork, to be pictured on the blog?. Glad you are getting in some modelling time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark. ok will put a photo on my next update.

    ReplyDelete