Sunday 26 January 2020

UPDATE.

For this weeks update I can report that the batch of caissons and utility trailers have been completed as shown below and issued to Infantry battalions to accompany the heavy weapons recently issued as part of the programme to provide all Infantry battalions with a Heavy Weapons company.


I have now started on a batch of limbers  for the same purpose. Completion of this re-equipment programme will also include a batch of ammunition and GS wagons in the near future. In addition I have completed another new Infantry battalion which brings the total strength of my armies to just shy of 47,000. Yet another new Infantry battalion has also just been started. Work still continues on the upgrading of existing light GS trailers, ammunition wagons and heavy GS trailers.


Perhaps my most significant item of news this week  concerns my plans to publish a series of IMAGI-NATIONS articles outlining the world my armies inhabit. I have said before that I already have the first two articles drafted but have held off publication until I can create a good quality map, which I think is essential to make the whole concept work. Well, I have spent some time now working with some of the free on line map making packages to create that map. I have to report that my efforts have been unsatisfactory in the extreme. Apart from the fact that most of these packages are targeted at the Fantasy world with lots of dragons and dark castles, which I personally do not like, but also my digital skills leave much to be desired. Therefore I have now taken the plunge and commissioned a professional cartographer to create my map !!!! Yes it is expensive but I know the results will be worth while as I will get a map that looks like a "real" map with accurate and realistic geographical features. I will also secure the input of a professional in ensuring my ideas are taken forward in a practical sense eg. my rivers are not 200 miles wide !!!
I am very excited with this development and will provides updates as the design proceeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment