Monday 2 September 2019

I have enjoyed a reasonable week of "play" time I am pleased to say. During the week I have finished the batch of 34 Command and Signals wagons. I have also completed the repainting of a little over 500 Command battalion soldiers to enable the revised structure of the 19 various Command battalions. In addition I have made an early start on another three Cavalry squadrons and have collected up the soldiers in the 12 Medical battalions that require repainting to enact the changes in those battalions. There are also another 132 new soldiers needed to complete that particular reorganisation. I also finally managed to complete and publish the post on construction of forge wagons, I hope that is of interest.
The next big decision I am facing is whether to maintain my dedicated Heavy Weapons battalions or issue a company of those weapons to each and every infantry battalion and convert the Heavy weapons battalions to line infantry. If I enact the change it will result in a large increase in the overall number of heavy weapons but I will clearly lose the ability to concentrate heavy weapons on the battlefield. Over the years my solo wargaming has consistently supported the concentration of heavy weapons in dedicated battalions so I have to carefully consider this matter to ensure I end up with the best tactical structure for the army.
Any views and comments would be welcome please.

No comments:

Post a Comment