Friday 9 August 2019

BOOKS.

PANZER ACE

This is the first post I have made covering the books I am reading. I intend to do more posts in the future on what I think are interesting books that I acquire or am re-reading. I am fortunate enough to have a very extensive library covering all sorts of military subjects although with an emphasis on the subjects that particularly interest me including 19th century warfare, World War 1, horse drawn military vehicles and logistics of all periods. To start the ball rolling I have to mention the book I am currently reading, which typically is not from those areas !!!!!!!!!!!



This is a newly published book, face value £25, which I picked up in The Works for £4. I often ;look at the books in this shop as they are so cheap. They seem to bring out a new batch of books every three or so months and often include subjects I find of interest but for which I may not be willing to pay the full price. This particular book is one of the best I have read recently. The author survived the war to become a General in the Bundeswehr and includes some amazing photos and descriptions of day to day service life with many references to the vehicles within his unit. These vehicles will be familiar to the WW2 German army enthusiast but to read about the daily use of these vehicles is very interesting indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment