Tuesday 30 July 2019

Although work continues at my Mums flat I have had some  modelling time so thought I would give an update on my activities. I still can't find the time to do much blogging but I hope to get some more articles written and published in a few weeks time.

The Medical battalion has been completed and I have almost finished the Quartermaster Transport battalion which is the last battalion to complete my army at this time. I have in fact now started to implement some of the organisational changes previously referred to. The first changes to be actioned include adding an extra squadron to each of my 18 Cavalry regiments. At present there are three squadrons in each regiment. This is being increased to four and I have constructed the first batch of three new squadrons and am about to start painting these 66 new cavalrymen. I will revise the organisational post for Cavalry regiments to reflect this change shortly. In addition I have changed the structure of Command battalions to provide for each general to have a personal staff and to increase the number of staff soldiers while reducing the number of signals personnel. This revision will be made to the organisational post on Command battalions shortly but broadly speaking involves the creation of about 180 new soldiers across 19 Command battalions and repainting of about 200 existing soldiers. In terms of equipment activity I am presently building 34 new house bodied wagons to equip all command battalions with extra vehicles to facilitate the new additions to the command structures.

On other fronts, I mentioned I would take my old schoolboy stamp collections to a dealer for valuation and possible sale. I did this but found my collections quite worthless. Basically the stamps I collected,  back in the 60s, have no more value today than back then if not less, and they were cheap then otherwise I could not have afforded them.My albums are apparently classic schoolboy collections of attractive but cheap stamps, all looks but no value. They have therefore gone back into the loft for the next generation, maybe they will have better luck in 30 ( that's me being optimistic ) or so years time.

Much more pleasing is that I have sold my Peter Laing figures to a collector, in fact some of them are going to Mark at Manoftin which is good news as he is a great fan of these figures. I still have some French Napoleonic cavalry, which I thought had found a new home but not anymore. I may well put these on ebay in what would be my first foray on this medium. If I proceed I will report on my experiences.

The other thing of possible interest is that I am thinking of attending a wargaming convention next year to display some of my army. Not to actually wargame but just to show them and perhaps generate some interest in the concept of screw soldiers. If anyone has a view on this idea, or anything else of course, please do leave a comment, I would greatly value your views on all matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment