Saturday 24 November 2018

This weeks update includes completion of the 32 ambulance wagons as shown below.


These vehicles have been issued to the four Medical battalions in the army under construction. The whole army group now has a full compliment of 96 such vehicles. In addition I have completed the two Field Artillery battalions  as seen in the photo below.


With the completion of these two battalions I have reached a milestone in that I now have a total army strength of 40,136 soldiers. That means my third army is now about 65% finished. Given that each soldier is painted at least 5 times and in some cases either 6 or 7 times depending on rank, that means I have carried out around 225,000 painting operations on my screw soldiers alone, I wonder how many tins of paint that has taken !!!!!!

I have just started working on yet another Infantry battalion as mentioned last time and have this week also started the lengthy construction of the last of the 18 Cavalry regiments.  Additionally I will be starting another Quartermaster battalion. In respect of equipment construction, I have made a start on another batch of 35 GS wagons.

Although it may seem to the reader I have achieved a lot this week, in fact I have not had that much modelling time. It will be another couple of weeks at least before the units now in hand are actually finished.  I like to have a number of elements of work on the go at any one time otherwise I can find myself literally watching paint dry !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment