Wednesday 24 October 2018

I thought it about time to give an update on my current activities. Following completion of the batch of GS wagons, as described in the last post, I have now started building a batch of limbers. Once again I will take photos as construction/painting progresses and publish the whole as a single blog. Limbers are fairly simple to build so the post will not be so long as that for GS wagons.  In the meantime I have just completed the painting of another infantry battalion, the 52nd of 60 planned. This unit will be shelved on Friday which is my next scheduled "play" day. I often tend to build an infantry battalion alternately with other types of battalions to keep work interesting. The next battalion being painted is a medical unit where the two coats of uniform green have already been applied. Next steps on Friday will be application of rank and arm of service markings. I will also count out the screws for another battalion, not quite sure at this time if it will be infantry or something else. I will be photographing the making of this battalions flags for a suitable blog later. I will also consider what batch of vehicles or equipments will be built next and maybe start building preparations.  In terms of blogs I am  also planning to write something soon about the organisation of my armies  which I hope will be interesting to the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment